On March 1, 2013, Victory Children’s Homes Foundation took over an orphanage in Kisumu, Kenya, that could no longer support the children under their care. The home is now flourishing and has been renamed, Victory Family Home of Champions, Kisumu (VFHC)! The name is important, we want our kids to feel like they are part of a family, not orphans, alone and abandoned. Also, they are champions and we feel it is important to impart that into them at a young age, winners and not losers!
Victory Family Home of Champions is home to about 200 children and boarders, ranging from 2 years to over 18 years of age that are either orphaned or from very poor families. All of the children attend the nursery school, primary school and high school located within the Victory Family Home of Champions complex
When we took over the running of the Victory Family Home of Champions, the complex was in need of upgrading. This opened up a great deal of mission opportunities for groups and individuals to come and volunteer.
The complex sits on about two acres of land, a five minute walk to beautiful Lake Victoria and has many buildings which house the orphanage and school. Since Victory Children’s Homes took over the orphanage in 2013, there have been many beneficial changes made to the home.
- New mosquito nets were provided for the children for protection against Malaria
- Seeds have been purchased to resurrect the vegetable gardens
- New mattresses and blankets were purchased for those sleeping on concrete floors
- A new well was dug on-site to provide the home with clean water
- The children are happy and thriving
We have been working hard to rebuild this home and make it a safe and happy place for the children to live. We still have many needs at the home, but there is a bright future on the horizon for them all.
Some of our current needs include:
- More repairs to buildings
- New school supplies are needed
- Improvements to the science lab need to be made
- We want to introduce a computer/internet lab
- Maintaining a strong staff of qualified and dedicated teachers
- A building to house missions teams
There are always more opportunities available than there are people to fill them. If you have a heart to serve and help the children and staff of this home then there is a place for you.
Along with our nursery, primary and high school, we also have a Life Skills Program, a Secondary Education Program and a Transitional Program. These programs seek to provide children with the valuable skills and training that they need to establish themselves upon release from the home.
The funding for this home is acquired through the donations and sponsorships from kind hearted people such as yourself and 100% of all donations go to their designated areas.
Contact Director, Mr. Milton Sambo
Phone: 0710990487 (or) 0721856780